The Bumbling Bee
The Bumbling Bee
Welcome to the Ayala family’s vegan creation — The Bubling Bee Vegan Junk Food & Burger Bar! Cassandra Ayala was a real estate agent when the market crashed, but used it as an opportunity to go into business with her three daughters. Olivia and Alexandria were vegans while India was into the culinary arts. They opened a vegan restaurant that specializes in serving a “junk food” style that even the most hesitant and picky eaters would enjoy.
The Bumbling Bee had humble beginnings as a food truck but has now expanded to a beautifully decorated brick and mortar store located only 7 miles from Sandbridge. They’ve experienced such success that they’ll even be presenting on ABC’s hit show ‘Shark Tank’ tonight at 8 PM!
Menu for Bumbling Bee Vegan Junk Food
One thing that makes people hesitate to adopt a vegan lifestyle is the anxiety thinking about giving up the foods they love. The “Bee” menu has comfort food favorites that are 100% vegan and will satisfy any “junk food junkie.” A few of the offerings:
- Montreal Chickun Gyro
Greek marinated Gardein* chickun on grilled flatbread with creamy garlic tzatziki, juicy and crunchy tomato-cucumber-red onion mix and romaine.
- Joey Meatballs Grinder
A grilled roll stuffed with vegan meatballs, Italian red sauce, and vegan ricotta drizzled in edamame basil pesto.
- Godfather Sizzlin’ Sausage
Juicy, sweet Beyond* sausage loaded with caramelized peppers and onions, marinara, house cheese sauce, finished with spicy aioli and stuffed inside a grilled bun.
- Irishman Corned Beaf
Honest Pastures* corned beaf with caramelized onions, whole grain mustard, melted cheese on toasted pumpernickel swirl bread.
- Boss Barbecue Burger
A Beyond burger topped with seitan*-marinated bacon, onion rings and barbecue sauce.
- Bella the Beast Poutine
Hand-cut fries topped with house cheese sauce, French’s fried onions, and rich Poutine gravy- mushroom blend, sweet onion, fresh thyme, and red wine, all caramelized together.
- Fried Mac Balls
Creamy mac and cheese coated by crunchy French’s fried onions and jalapenos, served with your choice of sauce.
Sweet Nectar Milkshake made with soy- and oat-based soft serve.
Vegan Benchtop beer
* Bumbling Bee Uses Only Quality Vegan Ingredients
- Gardein is a vegan and kosher product line of meat-free foods that include proteins (soy, wheat and pea), organic flours (kamut, amaranth, millet, quinoa), potato starch, modified vegetable gum, organic beet fibers, and carrot fibers. Among their products are the “Ultimate Plant-Based Burger,” crispy chick’n, meatless meatballs and breakfast saus’ages.
- Beyond Meat’s mission is to positively impact human health, climate change, natural resources and animal welfare by shifting from animal to plant-based meat. Their Beyond Burger is made from pea, mung bean, and rice to deliver a complete protein, meaty taste and texture that provides the juiciness and aroma of beef.
- Honest Pastures in Virginia Beach manufactures and distributes quality plant-based alternative meats, including deli slices, sausages, beaf steaks and roasts.
- Seitan is made from wheat gluten that looks and feels like meat when cooked. It comes ground, sliced and in strips for use in meatless hot dogs and bacon.
Information collected from The Bumbling Bee and Shark Tank