☼ Your Guide to a Dog-Friendly Vacation ☼
When planning your trip down to Sandbridge with Siebert Realty make sure you don’t forget about the dog! We have over 75 vacation homes that are pet-friendly and ready to rent, so come on down and bring your pets and they can enjoy the family vacation too!
Sandbridge Beach Dog Rules
Wake up in the morning to a cup of coffee and a peaceful walk down to the beach with your fur friend! Beach walks in the morning are the best time to watch the sunrise, comb the beach for shells, and watch your pup play in the waves. Sandbridge beach stretches 4.5 miles from north to south end, so the hardest decision you have to make in the morning is whether to go left or right!
Before you go here are a few rules that the beach has about dogs:
- During season which is defined as the time period from 6:00 p.m. on the Friday before Memorial day through 6:00 p.m. Labor Day of each year, pets are not allowed on any other public sand beaches except before 10:00 a.m. and after 6:00 p.m. If you are staying on the bayside your pups can swim all day long in Back Bay!
- All dogs must be on a leash while walking on the beaches or the streets of Sandbridge. For the safety of all visitors on the beach, canine and human alike, please supervise your pet carefully.
- Make sure to bring your bags! It is important to clean up after your dogs so that all visitors can enjoy the beach as much as you and your pup. There are trash cans located at all beach entrances, so you can dispose of your trash and continue on your way!
Walk it out! Fur Friendly Parks & Beaches
- First Landing State Park: A great place to let your pup run and swim with some new fur friends! For more information: https://www.dcr.virginia.gov/state-parks/first-landing
- Red Wing Park: offers two small dog parks and a large field for playing catch! For more Information: https://www.vbgov.com/government/departments/parks-recreation/parks-trails/city-parks/pages/red-wing-park.aspx
- Red Mill Farms Park: located right by Red Mill Elementary. Its the perfect place for your pup to run around and your kids to play on the playground. For more Information: https://www.vbgov.com/government/departments/parks-recreation/parks-trails/city-parks/Pages/red-mill-farms-park.aspx
- Simply Steamed: Located across the street from the market is a cute local grab and go spot! Come order yourself a bite to eat and sit outside at the tables with your pup! For more information: https://www.facebook.com/SimplySteamed/
- Bandidos Tacos: This local secret is serving up some of the best tacos and burritos around. This little food truck is located right on Sandbridge road and serves made to order until they sell out. With ample room to park and many tables available, it’s the perfect place to enjoy some food with your pup. For more information: https://www.facebook.com/BandidosSB/?rf=625241454175519
- Sage Kitchen at Anderson’s: A little ways out of Sandbridge is a healthy farm to table spot! Sage offers up everything from salads to burgers to tacos! Sit outside with your family and pups and the enjoy live music while your kids enjoy the play area and mini golf! For more information: https://loveandersons.com/andersons-restaurant/
Local Brews and Pups: Grab a Drink With Your Pup!
- New Realm Brewing Co.: This cool space is complete with multiple bars, TVs for big games, private space and a huge outdoor beer garden with lawn games, plenty of seating & fire pits.
- Commonwealth Brewing Co.: The Commonwealth Tasting Room is a veritable craft beer haven, located just steps from the bay in the Chic’s Beach landmark Chesapeake Beach Fire & Rescue Station #4. Centered in the Chic’s Beach neighborhood a few blocks from the Chesapeake Bay beaches, it’s a perfect stop for your beach day.
- Wasserhund Brewing Co.: Wasserhund Brewing Company was born from a love of the beach, dogs, and German beer. The owners aspire to bring the German beer culture to Virginia Beach in the best way… by brewing the highest quality ales and lagers and providing the environment to enjoy them with family, friends, pups.
Siebert Realty – The Beach People
Over 350 Beach Home & Condo Vacation Rentals
757-426-6200 / 877-422-2200